What an amazing holiday. We were fortunate enough to spend time with both of our families and we even managed to stretch the celebration out for a good four or five days. We spent time in Atlanta, Augusta, and North Carolina! Good thing we have the world’s best baby who loves to travel. 🙂
We couldn’t have hoped for a better “First Christmas” for Baby Grae. Only six weeks old and already he has experienced the true meaning of the holiday, thanks to our families.
Here are some highlights from our Christmas 2011 adventures:
- First Christmas at OUR house with my family- every other year we have celebrated in Augusta
- Celebrated Dad’s birthday on Christmas Eve- complete with a scavenger hunt 🙂
- Ooops, Christmas dinner (a giant, delicious prime rib) was left in Mom and Dad’s fridge back in Augusta… AND, by the time Mom remembered they forgot it, every last grocery store had closed for the holiday! LOL!
- Stunning and delicious red velvet birthday cake…
- Mandatory elf hats for everyone Christmas morning- our house, our rules 😉
- Homemade blueberry french toast… Yum
- AMAZING Christmas presents including a college fund for Grae- seriously- we can’t even explain how much that means to us
- Deciding to drive 150 miles on Christmas for our dinner… except by the time we got there it was really too late to start the prime rib, so Mom whipped up her famous chicken enchiladas- I think this just might be a new Christmas tradition.
- Prime rib brunch the next day… HELL YES- it was fabulous! And TOTALLY worth every minute of the drive
- North Carolina bound- we were welcomed with a brand new, HAND CRAFTED by Uncle Khyle himself, Queen sized Murphy Bed… It was heaven….
- Grae was greeted with his very own Winnie the Pooh Pack and Play- he slept the WHOLE night long!
- Another fantastic Mielke style Christmas- Uncle Jonathan and I even got to crack our first Christmas crackers over dinner
- A walk to the location of Grae’s future tree house- he was so excited he almost woke up ;o)
- Pit stop in Augusta to break up the drive- Thanks for dinner Uncle Cason and Katie!
- The dreaded trip back home… 😦 We miss everyone already.
Merry Christmas and we can’t wait to do it all again next year!
Wow! Sounds like so much fun! To bad about the ribs 😦
P.S. Come check out our very first giveaway of a PMD
Thanks- I just signed up! 🙂 🙂