What a MONTH! I’m still trying to recover from the roller coaster we have been riding… Talk about a head-spin. These past few weeks have been incredibly challenging and I’m so very thankful that we are starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel.
A brief overview of just a few of our ups and downs:
- Baby G got sick- and by sick, I mean, pneumonia in his left lung, then dropping Pulse Ox levels (some readings even around 87!), and his pediatrician having him rushed to the ER in an ambulance, kind of sick… and this lasted for 17 sleepless days and nights straight. Two antibiotics (one of which was a three day shot), and nebulizer treatments later, he finally started feeling a bit better.
- RJ’s court date came and went and the judge provided our team the information necessary to file the TPR (Termination of Parental Rights) paperwork- and strongly suggested it be filed ASAP. She also cancelled all parental visitation until further notice. For everyone that may not know the full background- this is the best news we could have possibly received.
- We have been given the extraordinary news that we will be first in line to adopt our beautiful, brown eyed boy! We have known for about 6 months; but after DFACS notified both biologicals of the termination of their rights, we are beginning to feel just a little more confident. (Although this whole process couldn’t be scarier!)
- Grae started WALKING! And CLIMBING! And even RUNNING and DANCING from time to time! He never stops exploring and he literally is more fun EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- This morning, we flipped our big boy’s car seat around! :O
- RJ started calling us Mommy and Daddy!! He also gave himself a new name (he’ll remain RJ on the blog for privacy purposes :)), and very eloquently explained that he no longer wants to be named after his biological and that he has a new family and a new life, so he should also have a new name. How could we not agree to it?? It just so happens that it was our other top choice when choosing names for G! He’s my Mama’s Boy. ❤
- Another 6 credits completed on my Ph.D.!
- And, in between all of this, we had one of the all-time best Christmases EVER with our families (Pics soon to follow!).